Each scientist of Divyayan Krishi Vigyan Kendra(Divyayan KVK), has adopted one village of Nawagarh Gram Panchayat along with two adjacent villages of Angara Block in Ranchi District to develop a Model Tribal Gram Panchyat by 2019 which will happen to be the Golden Jubilee Year of the establishment of Divyayan KVK. The objective of this programme is to create a replicable model for the tribal villages of the whole country. The villages covered under this programme are Barkigorang, Soso, Nawagarh, Rangamati and Obar under Nawagarh Gram Panchayat and two adjacent villages also taken under this programme are Badri and Kuchu.
The Nawagarh Gram Panchayat under Angara Block in Ranchi District of Jharkhand State is located at 37 KM towards east from the District head quarters Ranchi, 15 km from Angara and 38 km from the Stste captial Ranchi.The Panchayat comprises 5 revenue villages with 19 tolas(hamlets) and the adjacent villages- Badri and Kuchu have 8 tolas in all.
During the year 2014-15 and 2015-16 base line survey; District level convergence meeting; entry point activities; construction of poultry -cum – duck houses, Azolla tanks, Nadep Compost tanks and different awareness programes were carried out. Activities under taken during the year 2016-17 are as follows:
- Village level convergence meetings conducted in which public workers like Mukhiya, Block Pramukh, Block level workers and KVK scientists participated with an objective to converge the existing schemes of the Government.
- Construction of 27 units of NADEP Compost tanks.
- Construction of 57 units of raised platform for goat rearing.
- On – farm Trials on different crops
- Vaccination of milch animals by providing training to two persons from the selected villages.
- Programme on Climate Change and Knowledge Networking (CCKN) Continued in all the villages of the panchayat.
- Demonstration on nizer and pegion pea in 30 acre involving 30 farmers under cluster front line demonstration programme.