About the Course
It is conceptualized to reorient graduates of Agriculture and allied subjects for ensuring and assuring employability and to develop entrepreneurs for emerging knowledge intensive agriculture by articulating knowledge, skill, ability and experiences.
It provides exposure to agricultural students to the natural setting of the village situations, work with the farm families, identify their problems and make use of various extension tools for transferring the latest agricultural technologies. The students also get opportunity to study the various on-going schemes related to agriculture and rural development and participate in their implementation. The students are given rigorous orientation and familiarization on various issues and problems expected on farmers’ field and hence gain competence and confidence for solving problems related to agriculture and allied sciences.
This KVK has more than 115 adopted villages and they get opportunity to work in these villages under the supervision of KVK scientists. Activities focused on intensive observations/ analysis of socio-economic and technological profile of the farm families in rural areas, participatory extension approach and acquaintance with farming situations, farm practices and interaction with progressive farmers.
They are made to visit and work in different demonstration units like poultry, diary, beekeeping, mushroom cultivation, bio-fertiliser and pesticide unit, food processing unit and soil testing laboratory to instil confidence in their own acquired skill.
Under this programme there two courses of different duration :
- 3 Months (2 courses in a year of batch size 10)
- 1 Month (At the beginning of each month and a batch is started when number of registrations for the course reaches at least 5)
|Course||Admission Date||Course Duration||Course Fee||Note|
|3 Months Course||1st to 30th Sepetember||1st October to 31st December||Rs. 15000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only)||First Cum First Serve Basis|
|1st to 31st December||1st January to 31st March|
|1 Month Course||One Month Prior||Course begins on first day of every month (Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar)||Rs. 5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only)||A batch is started when number of Registration reaches at least 5)|
- For admission into the course, students need to produce a letter addressing Secretary, Divyayan Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Morabadi, Ranchi-8 regarding this training on the letter head of the institute/university and signed by institute/university authority.
- Copy of the Identity Card given by institute/university.
Rules and Regulation :
- Students must follow a descent dress code during the whole course.
- They must be very discipline for completing their assignment given during the course.
- Students must be very polite and humble while dealing with farmers and villagers.
- More than 80% attendance is required to get completion certificate.
- Only after successful completion of the course, students will be issued completion certificate.
- For more details please contact course coordinator : Dr. Vishakha Singh (mobile 6002370830), only during the office hour (8:00 am to 12noon and 2pm to 5pm)